GLYD, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “GLYD”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates a platform and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book unique experiences and activities around the world, whether through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”). GLYD refers to GLYD Inc.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means GLYD, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
YOU have power over your information: Getting your information, please email GDPR@glydapp.com at anytime to request your information.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES GLYD GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
- Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID verification information;
- access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post Experiences, make or accept bookings, pay for Experiences, book or pay for any associated services that may be available, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
- link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your GLYD account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- communicate with GLYD.
- Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications, we may receive, store, and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with GLYD or logged in to your GLYD account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for GLYD services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
- Third-party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
HOW GLYD USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We use, store and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, GLYD’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about GLYD or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the “Account” section) when you login to your GLYD account;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by GLYD or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
HOW GLYD USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Guests to send them money outside of the Platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that GLYD, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
WHEN GLYD DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
IMPORTANT: When you use the Platform, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes or to the extent necessary to operate and manage referral and rewards programs.
- Your public Listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city and neighborhood where the Experience is located, your listing description, your calendar availability, your public profile photo, and your responsiveness in replying to Guests’ queries. Your public Listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes. The Platform may also display the Experience’s approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the Experience.
- The Platform allows your public profile and public Listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change the information on your public profile or public Listing pages.
- When you submit a request to book an Experience, your full name will become visible to the Host. In addition, if you have added your phone number to your account, you may be contacted by the Host by phone when submitting your request. We will not share your phone number unless you have requested to book the Experience; if there is a request or a confirmed booking, your phone number will become visible to the Host/Guest, who may call you directly.
- When your request to book an Experience is accepted by the Host or when you accept a Guest’s request to book your Experience, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Host or Guest. However, your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
- When a Guest takes your Experience or when you take a Host’s Experience, we may ask you to review the Guest/Host or the Experience. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform.
- You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your GLYD account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
– some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your GLYD account profile;
– your activities on the Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Platform and/or that third party site;
– other GLYD users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
– other GLYD users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and
– the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes.
- The publication and display of information that you provide to GLYD through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Platform and the third party site.
- We may distribute parts of the Platform (including your Listing) for display on sites operated by GLYD’s business partners and affiliates, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
- We may also engage third party companies and individuals, who may be located outside of the EEA, to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request (such as Braintree, PayPal, and American Express). We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- If necessary, Hosts and Guests expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to store, transfer and disclose data and other information relating to them or to their Transactions, Bookings, Experiences, and Taxes, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information such as Host or Guest’s name, addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received by Hosts from Guests, or allegedly due, contact information, and similar information, to the relevant Tax Authority.
– providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
– based on information supplied by law enforcement, we, in our sole discretion, believe: (a) that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death to an individual or group of individuals, (b) that the case involves potential harm to minors, or (c) that harm or fraud could be directed to GLYD, its Members, the Platform, or Services.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY GLYD
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR GLYD ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your GLYD account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your GLYD account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account and sending an email to CANCEL@glydapp.com.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
Referral service and requesting references
The Platform provides a referral service that allows you to invite your friends and contacts to use the Platform.
We may integrate the Platform with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or requests for references via the third party site itself. These messages will be sent by the third party site, and GLYD does not collect or retain the contact information that is used to send them.
You may also send invitation/request emails via the Platform itself, in which case we will ask you for the contact information to which to send your invitation/request. You can type in the email addresses or other contact information manually, or you can choose to import the contacts in your address book(s). In both cases, we may use and store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends and contacts an invitation or request for a reference, and for fraud detection and prevention. With respect to referrals, we will also store the email addresses of your invitees to track if your friend joins GLYD in response to your referral.
If you request us to import your contacts, we will collect, but not store, the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from. We will use this information only for the purpose of importing your contacts.
The Platform may allow registered account holders to participate in online discussion forums (“Forum(s)”) in selected cities.
If you post on a Forum, then your membership in the Forum as well as some of your public information (such as your profile picture and public profile page) will be visible to users who browse the Forum. Your postings will be visible to such users as well.
YOU have power over your information: Getting your information, please email GDPR@glydapp.com at anytime to request your information.
GLYD uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information. Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
GLYD cookies and third party cookies
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for GLYD cookies
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages and browser sessions.
- to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
Uses for third party cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/) and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html).
YOU have power over your information: Getting your information, please email GDPR@glydapp.com at anytime to request your information.
1. Information Collected From You On the Service
Information You Submit to Us
You may provide information to us through the Service, such as the following:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, and email address.
- Profile information, such as date of birth, gender and photograph
- Your location
- Personal information in content you post
- Additional information we request to verify your identity for certain Service-related activities such as receiving a payment or establishing a Verified Account (for example, completed tax forms and copies of government-issued identification documents)
Automatically Collected Information
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Service may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s (instructions vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Service.
Through our apps, we may collect information similar to the data mentioned above. We also may collect unique device identifiers (for example, advertising IDs) and other mobile-specific types of information. For example, depending on your device settings, we may collect your device’s geo-location.
2. Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide the Service and for other purposes, including to generate advertising-related revenue that supports the Service. Uses include:
- To verify your identity;
- To establish your account;
- To create, tailor, deliver, and analyze the effectiveness of advertising and promotional material;
- To process payments and other transactions on or with the Service;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To contact you for other purposes;
- To moderate content and to try to keep the Service safe;
- To detect, investigate or respond to security issues;
- To analyze, customize and personalize the Service;
- To improve the Service and to research and develop innovative features and new services
- To safeguard our and others’ rights or property;
- To create aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which we may use and disclose without restriction;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Service.
3. Sharing Your Information
We may share your information to provide the Service and for other purposes. For example, we may share your information:
- As part of the expanding and evolving social aspects of the Service, for example:
- We may publish your profile information (subject to any applicable settings); your name and username; your friend list; the people you follow or those who follow you; your feed; and your likes and comments;
- Subject to your settings, we may publish the content you post;
- We may publish information through other sharing and publishing features on the Service;
- We may offer a feature in which we allow anyone with your contact information (such as email address or telephone number) to find you through our search bar or through other tools we may provide, such as contact importers, even if you have not shared your contact information with them on the Service;
- If you connect your GLYD account to your account on another service (for example, to enable cross-posting), we and the other service may exchange registration info, profile info, or other details;
- With the recipient of a payment you make on the Service;
- At your direction (such as when you authorize a third-party app to access your GLYD account);
- With companies that perform services for us, with us, or on our behalf, including without limitation advertising and data companies, payment processors, providers of technical infrastructure and support, order fulfillment companies, content moderation companies, and e-mail service providers;
- With our affiliates and joint marketing partners;
- To detect and address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Without restriction when the information is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified
- In connection with significant corporate events (for example, we may share or disclose information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets — such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation — or take steps in anticipation of any such event);
- When we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible unlawful activities or to comply with legal process or other legal requirements (such as tax reporting); when we deem disclosure appropriate in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, potential violations of our terms or claims of violation of the rights of third parties; or when we deem disclosure appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our employees, users, or another person or entity (the disclosures described here may involve the sharing of your information with, for example, law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or other parties); and
- In any other circumstance where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted by law to share it.
4. Online Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track
Online Analytics Providers
To help us better understand your use of the Service, we may use third-party analytics on our Service, such as Google Analytics. These third parties use the sorts of technologies described in the “Automatically Collected Information” section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. (We also may use Google Analytics as described in the following section.)
Advertising Technology Providers
Data about your activities on our Service may be collected by advertising technology providers for use in delivering advertising tailored to your individual interests on other websites and online services. These ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information, and other information we provide them, to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests and/or based on prior visits to our Service. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together, and other automated technologies, and in some cases additional information, (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Service and (ii) to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Service.
You may visit the http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, the http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or the http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt out of receiving tailored advertising based on your Internet browsing activities from companies that participate in those programs. Some of our advertising-related activities may involve the services of companies that do not participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the https://www.google.com/settings/ads page. The opt-outs apply only to the browser in which you set them. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
Similar data collection takes place via our apps for advertising purposes. Modern versions of Apple iOS and Android provide certain ad-related preferences that will be communicated to companies collecting data for in-app advertisements. For more information, or to use these mechanisms, consult your device settings.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Some third parties’ data collection tools or embedded content or plugins on the Service, such as videos that users post on the Service, may allow their operators to learn about your interaction with our Service, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. These third parties may handle this information, and other information they directly collect through their technology, pursuant to their own privacy policies. We do not change our own collection of information in response to web browser “do-not-track” signals or other third-party tools that let consumers exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information. Also, we generally do not require third parties collecting information on our websites and online services to respond to these technologies.
5. Your Choices, and How to Remove Your Content and Information
We offer a variety of convenient self-serve options for updating your information and indicating your preferences. From the Settings page of your account (accessible by clicking on your name on the upper right corner of App):
- To modify your profile information, click on profile
- To modify account information, click on settings
- To adjust your connections with external social networks, click on profile
- To adjust privacy settlings, click on settings
- To adjust web and email notifications, click on notifications. To adjust mobile notifications, visit the Notification section of the Settings area within your GLYD mobile app.
You can also:
- Adjust the publication settings for each post by using the options available within the post (for example, by choosing Private instead of the default Public)
- Request deletion of your GLYD account as described in the next section.
- YOU have power over your information: Getting your information, please email GDPR@glydapp.com at anytime to request your information.
The law of your country you may give you additional rights to access, correct, update or delete certain personal information we hold about you.Your country may also give you additional rights to object to our processing of your personal information or to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information. You may contact us as described below to make these requests.
7. International Data Transfers
8. Information Security
We understand the importance of the security of the information we collect, but we cannot promise that our security measures will eliminate all security risks or succeed in avoiding security breaches. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk. Please help to do your part by taking steps such as (1) using a strong, unique password for our Service that never has and never will be used anywhere else, (2) protecting the confidentiality of your password, and periodically changing it, (3) accessing our Service only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software, and (4) notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity or any breach of the confidentiality of your password. If the confidentiality of your password has been breached, you also must change your password immediately via your “Settings” page on App. Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats.
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect (or knowingly allow any third party to collect) personal information from persons under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below or report that user through the “report” button on their profile page.
10. Third Party Links and Services
11. Changes to this Policy
12. Contact Us
6260 W 3rd Street, Ste 338
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Welcome to GLYD (“GLYD,” “we,” “us” or “our”). GLYD provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform all while being able to earn money. Just snap a photo, choose a filter to transform the look and feel, add comments (if you like) and share!
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an GLYD account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on GLYD.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and GLYD. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on GLYD:
- If you choose, you can use our “Find friends” feature to locate other people with GLYD accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of names and usernames on GLYD.
- If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device’s contacts list, then GLYD will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using GLYD.
- If you choose to find your friends (iii) through a search of names or usernames on GLYD then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- Note about “Invite Friends” feature:If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our “Invite friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, GLYD does not have access to or control this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by GLYD.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the GLYD application on your device GLYD or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside GLYD (or the group of companies of which GLYD is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that GLYD is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the GLYD API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which GLYD, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- GLYD, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, GLYD cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to GLYD or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and GLYD, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to GLYD make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Check GLYD privacy policies about reviewing or modifying your account information.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, GLYD, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
GLYD does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an GLYD User, please contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
YOU have power over your information: If at any time you would like to get your information, delete it or have any questions, please email GDPR@glydapp.com at anytime with your request.